Visconti Opera Crystal Clear Demonstrator limited edition fountain pen with a fine point SmarTouch Tubular nib and Mosquito ink filling adapter by Visconti.
Visconti is delighted to introduce a new writing instrument created for lovers of fine writing and seekers of innovation.
Beneath the body of these beautiful pens lies a wealth of innovation and creativity:
- The New Visconti Smartouch Tubular nib
- The New Visconti 'Mosquito' ink adapter
- The Visconti Double Reservoir Power filler
- The Visconti 'hook safe lock' system
Belonging to the "Squaring the circle" collection whose focus is the squared design of pens, the Opera Crystal Clear is a pure demonstrator with all internal components visible. This is the first time Visconti has made a completely clear demonstrator and two of Visconti's patented designs can be perfectly viewed: the "double reservoir power filler" prevents a fountain pen from leaking during air travel and the "hook safe lock" prevents a pen cap from coming undone in a pocket or bag.
Visconti SmarTouch Tubular Nib
After lengthy tests Visconti's writing collection has acquired a new writing device, the SmarTouch Tubular Nib.
Its special shape is turned from a capillary tube in Chromium 18 that wraps closely around the feed and allows you to fill it with the ink without having to dip the entire section into the ink, an operation that is a necessity with any other fountain pen on the market.
This makes filling both easy and clean, and it can be performed even when the level of ink is low in the bottle.
The traditional problems of the section being stained during filling and refilling with a low level of in the bottle have thus both been finally solved.
Visconti Mosquito Filler
The Visconti Mosquito ink filling adapter may only be used together with the new Smartouch nib. This interesting device attaches to the end of the pen and is used to fill the pen with ink. The adapter avoids dipping the pen nib directly into ink and at the same time every last drop of ink will be used from the ink bottle. A mosquito filling adapter is included with each pen.
Snorkel filler : together with the new nib, Visconti has invented an interesting device designed to avoid dipping even the nib in the ink and, at the same time, making it possible to refill the pen using up the last drop of ink.
It is well known that fountain pens dry out very easily if the cap is off, because ink evaporates from the feed through the two open sides of the nib.
SmarTouch tubular nib, which wraps closely around the feed and has the airhole positioned at a distance from the tip, can delay the drying of the nib with a substantial benefit in terms of everyday use. Naturally, drying time depends on individual environmental humidity and temperature conditions.
The use of ball points has significantly modified the handling of pens; today the normal writing position is much more vertical than the classic fountain pen position at a 45 degree angle. To help this posture Visconti has modified the inclination of the tip, thus broadly extending its range of use.
Snorkel Filler : use and maintenance
- Position the tubular nib with the writing tip facing the mark in the snorkel.
- Gently press the snorkel until it touches the pen section.
- Fill the pen according to the instructions.
- Gently pull out the snorkel with a straight movement. Do not unscrew.
- Wipe the nib as usual.
- The snorkel has residual ink inside it, so you may wish to rinse it with clear water.
Visconti Opera Crystal Technical Features
- Always place the fountain pen nib pointing at the mark in the snorkel. Do not reverse or angle it.
- Never unscrew the snorkel, only pull it out. Unscrewing it will remove the nib and feed from the section.
- Material: clear showcase resin
- Nib: Chromium 18 SmarTouch tubular
- Filling System: Double Reservoir Snorkel Filler
- Packaging: Visconti pen case with Snorkel device
Pens And Leather
- Genuine Product from Visconti. Buy from us with confidence.
- Brand New Product. Guaranteed for quality.
is an authorized dealer of Visconti